We are not a maternity home. You cannot live here while you are pregnant.
· You must be a mother age 18 or over raising one or two children by yourself.
· Your child or children must not have reached their third birthday.
· You must be committed to going to school and working.
· If addicted, you must be drug and alcohol free for at least one year.
· You will agree to periodic and random drug testing.
· For the safety of all residents, you cannot currently be in a threatening relationship.
If accepted, you will have your own furnished one bedroom apartment
with a kitchen. Caseworkers are in the office during the day to provide
guidance and assistance.
In your two years here, you will work toward self-sufficiency by:
· Attending Life Skills Classes including but not limited to parenting, self-esteem, nutrition and budgeting
· Participating in individual and group counseling
· Enrolling in and attending school/job training for a specific goal
· Seeking and maintaining full/part-time employment
· Attending house meetings
· Accepting communal responsibilities of everyday living, i.e. picking up and cleaning of common areas
· Paying a $300 a month program fee
· Obeying house rules and regulations
Our Mother's House - P.O. Box 2240, Venice, FL 34284
Phone: 941-485-6264 Fax: 941-488-2289